Thank you for your interest in applying for a grant with the Bishop S.P.C.A. Foundation. Our funding areas are animal welfare ONLY. There are two grant cycles in 2023 with first opening on February 14 and the second on September 14.
Bishop S.P.C.A. provides funding to animal welfare organizations that meet our criteria and are chosen through a bi-annual grant process. If your group is in need of support, please review the guidelines and complete the application below.
Typical grant funding ranges between $1000-$100,000. Grant applications are considered bi-annually. Applications must be received by March 15 (SPRING cycle) and September 15 (FALL cycle). If an application is received after a submission deadline it will be held for the next funding cycle. Please note – do not send certified mail as this causes delays at our PO box and your application may be held after the received by date.
- Your organization must have a 501(c)(3) non-profit tax status.
- Your project must be located in or serving a population in Manatee County or surrounding counties.
- Your organization should have an up-to-date profile with The Giving Partner*
- Your funding request is $10,000 or more.
- Private Charity or Foundation
- Organizations reporting an income over $200,000 USD in the last fiscal year. In Kind gifts not included.
- U.S Organizations not exempt under Section 501(c) (3) of the Internal Revenue Code and not eligible for tax deductible support
- Religious Causes or organizations
- Political Causes, Candidates, Campaigns or organizations
- Organizations that discriminate on the basis of age, color, citizenship, disability, disabled veteran status, gender, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, Military service or status or Vietnam- era veteran status.
- Organizations whose primary purpose is to influence legislation