Bishop Animal Shelter S.P.C.A. of Manatee County, FL is a privately funded 501(c)(3)* nonprofit organization. It is a no-kill adoption facility that is dedicated to finding homes for cats, dogs, small animals, and birds.
5718 21st Avenue West
Bradenton, FL 34209
(Across from Blake Hospital)
Fax (941) 792-0703
Tax/Charity ID: 59-0826963
BISHOP'S COVID-19 UPDATE 4/2/2020 -
In accordance with Governor DeSantis's "Safer At Home" order, Bishop Animal Shelter will be closed to the public effective April 3rd.
• Thursday April 2nd will be the last day to adopt until further notice. If you would like to adopt an animal today, please visit our Adoptable Animals page and know which animal you would like to meet when you arrive at the shelter.Our lobby and dog runs are closed to the public. We will bring the animal out to you to meet. We are limiting the number of people who can visit our Cat and Small Animal rooms.
SLUMBER PARTY PROGRAM
• If you have one of our animals out on a slumber party, come in TODAY to either 1) adopt the animal 2) return the animal to our care or 3) pick up extra supplies for the animal for an extended slumber party. In the event of an emergency, please contact the Emergency Hotline number provided to you in your contract.
• If you have one of our animals out on foster, stop by the shelter TODAY to pick up extra supplies/medications. In the event of an emergency, please contact the Foster Emergency Hotline provided to you in your contract.
• Don't forget to prepare for your animals too! We will be providing free dog and cat food while supplies last. If you are a pet parent in need of food, stop by the shelter and we will bring the food out to you.
• As an essential public service, we will still be operating our food bank on a limited capacity. If you would like to donate food, we encourage you to buy online and ship it to our address.
Pursuant to Florida Statutes §469.411,F.S., A COPY OF THE OFFICIAL REGISTRATION AND FINANCIAL INFORMATION OF BISHOP ANIMAL SHELTER MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE DIVISION OF CONSUMER SERVICES BY CALLING TOLL-FREE WITHIN THE STATE. REGISTRATION DOES NOT IMPLY ENDORSEMENT, APPROVAL, OR RECOMMENDATION BY THE STATE. For more information, please call 1-800-HELP-FLA (435-7352) or go onto the following website: www.FloridaConsumerHelp.com.